LogIn

B.C. Boat and Sportsmen's Show
Forums > Fly Fishing > multi-tips
Moderators: anglingbc, WEBFLYZ BC
Last Post: Tue, Oct 26, 2004   Topics: 53   Posts: 4
Forums Forums Search Search    Memberlist Memberlist
New Topic     Reply View unanswered posts
Guest Mon, Oct 25, 2004 - 12:38 PM     Subject: multi-tips Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 Anybody have opinions on the multi-tip fly lines.. .
what brand is best, Cortland, rio or?
thanks
JackFunk Tue, Oct 26, 2004 - 12:38 PM     Subject: RE:multi-tips Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 I just purchased a Rio multitip. I checked out all the different lines, and read a tons on forums etc. The Rio seemed to have tighter, smaller 'welded' loops.

But you know, I almost wish I had just spent the cash on another couple spools and regular lines. Even with the loops being small, they still occasionally interfere with casting or retreiving.

But , being a little cash strapped and generally fishing my one rod, it works well and gives me the options to switch quickly on the water.
sockeyedan Tue, Oct 26, 2004 - 12:38 PM     Subject: RE:multi-tips Quote
Joined: Jul 2006 I use the Ayr-flo system of tips. They are well worth the money. I love em. Even though I am fly fishing less and less these days. I would still not part with them.
mike.c Tue, Oct 26, 2004 - 12:38 PM     Subject: RE:multi-tips Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 I have two multi-tip lines by SA,a 6 and a 9 . I like them but they do have thin running lines much like a shooting head. Also make sure that your loops are smaller on the heads or the lines have a tendency to hinge.
Username:    Password:    Remember Me:
The views expressed within this forum are not necessarily those of the AnglingBC Fishing Forum.
Inappropriate content may be edited or removed

[ Home | Contact Us | Advertise Here | Search Engine Optimization | Resorts Lodges | Guides Charters | Fishing Clubs | Tackle Suppliers | Gear for Sale | Product Reviews | Fly Fishing | Bass | Halibut | Kids Fishing | Salmon | Steelhead | Sturgeon | Trout | Hunting | Fishing Reports | Fishing Forum | Books | Articles | Events | BC Info | Fishing Links | Gallery ]

Copyright © 2018, GetSet! Communications All rights reserved.