LogIn

B.C. Boat and Sportsmen's Show
Forums > Fly Fishing > Origins of Flys
Moderators: anglingbc, WEBFLYZ BC
Last Post: Wed, May 12, 2004   Topics: 53   Posts: 5
Forums Forums Search Search    Memberlist Memberlist
New Topic     Reply View unanswered posts
WishinIwuzFishin Mon, May 10, 2004 - 12:37 PM     Subject: Origins of Flys Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 Im looking to find the Origins of the Bulkley Mouse and the Silver Thorne. Who was credited in creating these flys?

RalphH Tue, May 11, 2004 - 12:37 PM     Subject: RE:Origins of Flys Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 The Silver Thorn was originated by Barry thorton a noted angler and author who lives in the Comox Valley. I'm not sure of the Bulkely Mouse and there are a number of variants. Check Trey Combs book on Steelhead Flyfishing and Flies (the later version published in the 90's)
Guest Tue, May 11, 2004 - 12:37 PM     Subject: Bulkley Mouse Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 i don't know who invented the Bulkley mouse, but it works wonders up there! ALOT of the guys that fish the Bulkley/Morice systems use it alot with great sucess. they fish it close to the banks where branches and brush hang over the river. steelhead lay there and attack almost as soon as the fly hits the water. I imagine someone watched or saw a steelie nail a live mouse and tied a fly to look like a mouse.
Guest Tue, May 11, 2004 - 12:37 PM     Subject: bulkley mouse Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 first person i know of using the mouse was jimmy wright,phenomenal photographer.his studio was the old creamery in telkwa,now a fishing lodge.been many a year since i have seen jimmy,so if you read this jimmy,hello from trevor and the old lunen road crew.
mike.c Wed, May 12, 2004 - 12:37 PM     Subject: RE:Origins of Flys Quote
Joined: Feb 2006 Do you mean Bulkley mouse or moose? Two similar patterns waking flies, the latter is credited to John Mintz. As for the silver thorn it is a pattern of Barry Thorton's, designed in the 1980's for the east coast of Vancouver Isl.
Username:    Password:    Remember Me:
The views expressed within this forum are not necessarily those of the AnglingBC Fishing Forum.
Inappropriate content may be edited or removed

[ Home | Contact Us | Advertise Here | Search Engine Optimization | Resorts Lodges | Guides Charters | Fishing Clubs | Tackle Suppliers | Gear for Sale | Product Reviews | Fly Fishing | Bass | Halibut | Kids Fishing | Salmon | Steelhead | Sturgeon | Trout | Hunting | Fishing Reports | Fishing Forum | Books | Articles | Events | BC Info | Fishing Links | Gallery ]

Copyright © 2018, GetSet! Communications All rights reserved.